Best Day Ever!

Posted by DMiller | 3:09 PM

I had training today (completely in Hebrew) at the Hilton Hotel in Tel Aviv. After our gourmet lunch (which of course was kosher because most hotels only serve kosher here), I sat on the mirpeset overlooking the Mediterranean sea and I could not believe how absolutely stunning it was. (And yes, to my surprise as well, I did remember the bracha.)

Overall Tel Aviv has its pluses and minuses aesthetically. Some of the buildings, such as the Azrieli towers, are more modern and sleeker looking than the buildings in NYC. (I highly recommend googling for pictures.) On the other hand, there is no uniformity in the structure of the city. Next to a gorgeous 50 floor building you can have a tiny schwarma shack. Unlike NYC, where you generally have at least a 3 story building next to a skyscraper.

I highly recommend visiting Tel Aviv next time you visit Israel if you plan on living here. It is much more like “real Israel” than the Old City.

Side note: I listened to Olmert’s speech today and wow he is a terrific speaker. I actually believe him when he says he will not divide Jerusalem.

Oh yeah, it was also an awesome day because I got to leave work early and then went to a party.

I'm happy to see that the blog reached 100 unique visitors today. If you have any specific questions that you wanted to know about Israel shoot me an email. One goal of the blog is to let you guys know the stupid little things that could make a big difference in ones life when living here. Such as the fact that dry cleaning a shirt costs between 19 shekel and 23 shekel in Tel Aviv. That is $5 to wash a shirt! (Do I hear major business opportunity?)