Work, Work, Work....

Posted by DMiller | 4:53 AM | ,

Part of my thought process on coming to Israel was that I was told Israeli’s don’t work hard. It now makes sense why they wanted someone from New York… This is definitely not the lifestyle change I had expected. Essentially my life has moved from working occasional 48 hour days in New York to regular 14/15 hour days in Tel Aviv. And there is VERY little downtime here because there are only two junior and several senior staff.

The funny thing is that although the work is essentially the same, I find it much more enjoyable working in Tel Aviv. I have things in Tel Aviv that I could never have in New York such as a mincha and maariv in the building and having numerous kosher restaurants within walking distance…
I really still have a hard time believing I’m working in Tel Aviv.

I also love being able to email people that I know have blackberries at 3 AM without having to wake up to do it.