More Adventures at My Barber

Posted by DMiller | 8:22 AM |

Today I went to my favorite barber (or hair stylist as I believe he likes to be called), to, once again, get a haircut.

[Brackets are translations for the even less adept at Hebrew than myself.]

Barber looks at my hair before cutting.
Barber: Yesh l'lecha harbeh (word I don't know). [You have lots of blah blah.]
Me: Ma? [What'chyou talking about?]
Barber: Lavan. [White].
Me thinking, he is telling me I have white hair?
Barber (to others waiting): Eich omrim (that word again)? [How do you say blah blah?]
Waiting woman: Dandruff
Barber: You have eh, dandruff.
Me: Thank you.
Barber: You have a lot of dandruff.
Me: Um... thank you a lot?

I am still considering switching barbers. Not really because I was insulted (I'm a proud Head and Shoulders user), but as I mentioned last time, the only discussion I want to have with the barber concerning hair is: "short, leave the payos". I do not want a barber recommending new hair styles or shampoos. This guy used to have a normal hair like myself and then his barber was like, you know wouldn't it be cool if...

Please note: The address of this blog will be changing soon. I need to become anonymous (to the world) so that I can say more ridiculous things. I am thinking the current name is a bit too obvious. Any suggestions? Hit the email.

Oh yeah, and lots of awesome stuff have happened since I last posted so I have lots of material.