Yigal Amir

Posted by DMiller | 10:38 PM |

I just remembered I had planned to make a post about this but I have been busy. I don't know if the whole Yigal Amir story is big in the U.S. but it is an absolute disgrace and another egg on the face of the Israeli government. In short, the Israeli government allowed Prime Minister Rabin's assassin to meet someone, get married, have a child and attend his child's bris - all while in jail! It is no wonder he has "no regrets" for his actions.

This is a big story now because Rabin's yirtzheit was this week and Yigal and his wife purportedly decided to have a c-section to deliver their baby early in order to coincide the bris with the yirtzheit.

I think Israel needs to get a bit tougher on their punishments. Particularly this one. Treason and murder undoubtedly deserves death.

(Note: Just because I think Yigal deserves the death penalty does not mean I endorse Rabin's politics.)