Day 15: Phuket - James Bond Island Tour

Posted by DMiller | 3:05 AM |

Last night I spent relaxing and learning a little Daniel. Was very relaxing and interesting.

This morning we took the James Bond Island hopping tour and it was spectaculor. The island is called the James Bond island because it was in The Man with the Golden Gun. I never saw the movie so it didn't mean that much to me.

The other islands were great though. On Monkey island we canoed through a pitch black bat cave where we saw hundreds of bats sleeping and woke some up with our lights. We then fed wild monkeys that took the fruit right out of our hands. They were really cute. I really enjoyed that part. We also saw dozens of eagles fly around our boat. More eagles than I've ever seen in my entire life.

All of the islands we saw were gorgeous as usual and we stopped for swimming where I jumped and dove off the top of the boat (~25 feet). [My highest dive ever.]

We met a lot of interesting people and on the way back there was a lady-boy show on the boat. It was a bit disturbing but I think my friend enjoyed it a lot because he took the most pictures of the day of it.

It was a really really great day.

Tomorrow to Ko Phi Phi - which is regularly ranked as one of the top islands in the worlds. I'm excited as usual :)