Day 16: Ko Phi Phi

Posted by DMiller | 11:47 PM |

This morning we went to the largest cable ski park in Asia (in Phuket) where I did wake boarding and my friend did knee boarding.

Wake boarding was great as usual and I am definitely feeling more comfortable changing stances and working on jumping a bit more. I tried jumping over ramps for the first time which was amazing! I only landed decently on the last one, but I am definitely going to work on it when I get back to Israel. Hopefully I get more wake boarding in Thailand. I want to try it on a boat for my first time.

We then took a ferry to Kho Phi Phi. The view of the island from our ferry when we were approaching the shore was truly breathtaking. Just WOW.

We then found ourselves a small room for 800 baht (the most we've paid so far but still cheaper than what people told us we would pay on Ko Phi Phi). After that we took a short but strenuous trek of about 200 stairs and a steep walk up to the Phi Phi Viewpoint where we could see a great outline of the island. We couldn't help think about how terrible Tsunami must have been when it wrecked this island.

At night we went to a fire show on the beach where crazy drunk people tried jumping over a flaming jump rope and fire dancers twisted and threw fire with disregard. Although enticed, I didn't try the flaming jump rope - I wanted to see how bad people got injured. No major injuries so hopefully I'll get another chance before the trip is over.

Tomorrow we are going snorkelling along Kho Phi Phi Leh.